Saturday, September 20, 2014

Magazine Photo Transfer

I scoured the web and couldn't find anything about magazine transfers to canvas. This pushed me to figure it out myself. Here's my re-cap of transferring a magazine page to canvas.


First of all I found a photo of some pretty leafs I liked in a magazine. Then I cut the image to a similar shape as my canvas. 


Then I prepped my canvas. 


With my sponge brush, a slathered a good layer of medium.


Once it was as smooth as I could get it, I placed the magazine page face down on the canvas.


Then I used the back of a card to remove the bubbles and flatten the paper onto the canvas.


After several hours, the paper was dry and I started to remove it. I placed a wet wash cloth over the image and saturated the paper with water.


Then I started to remove the paper. 


Rub, rub, rub.


After removing as much as  I could, I let it dry. Once it was dry I wet it again and removed some more.


Once I was happy with my paper removal I decided to do a seal coat.


With my mixture of 50/50 water and glue, I coated the photo.


It dried nicely, I love the mildly distressed look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!