Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Adventures in Photo Transferring

I have to admit, I am a sucker for any craft involving photos. I have experimented in photo transfer many times, trying all sorts of products. I came across a new way I hadn't tried and had to give it a whirl. The first thing I did was transfer a photo of my cat onto the back of my wallet. I am so happy with how easy it was and how great it turned out. 


For this project I used:
Gloss Gel Medium
One laser printed picture of my cat (printed on regular old 20lb white printer paper)
Sponge brush


I cut the picture to fit the back of my wallet.

Then using the sponge brush, I spread a good layer of the medium on the wallet. Then I placed the photo on the wallet.

I let it dry completely, a couple of hours. Then began the task of removing the paper. To do this I wet a washcloth very well and laid it on the image. After the paper was completely wet, I rubbed the paper off. I walked away and let it dry and then re-wet 3 times removing more paper each time.


I wanted to seal the wallet, so I applied a layer of homemade Modge Podge to give it a nice sheen.






I think she approves!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!