Friday, May 30, 2014

Carrot Soup

DH and I had dinner at our favorite upscale restaurant the other night. Two things took us there. One was I had won a $25 gift certificate for the place. The second reason was the 12th anniversary of the day we met. I ordered the soup with my entree. It was carrot soup and it was wonderful. I love to make soup and thought there was no reason I could make this soup at home. This is my recipe I made to match the taste of their soup. 


Carrot Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of carrots - peeled and cut in similar sized 1" pieces
  • 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic smashed
  • 1-2 inch knob of ginger, sliced
  • 1 small potato, diced
  • 1 tbs. butter
  • 1 tsp. thyme, dried
  • 3 cups of water
  • 1 bullion cube- veggie or chicken
  • Cream- optional

Directions

· In a large pot heated over medium heat, add butter.


·  When butter has melted add onions, carrots and potatoes. Cook for a few minutes to soften the onion. Add garlic, ginger and thyme. Cook for a few more minutes to bring out their aromas.


·  Add water and bullion, bring to a boil. Once boiling, simmer for 15-20 minutes - until veggies are tender.


·  Carefully put soup into a blender in batches and puree. 


·  Return soup to pot and simmer until ready to eat.


·  When serving soup, if you want a little more richness add a few teaspoons of cream and stir.


This recipe made about 3 good sized servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!