Thursday, November 21, 2013

Vegetable Enchilada Pie

My family loves veggies. We also love Mexican flavors so I made this recipe to satisfy both of those loves. 


Ingredients 
1 Onion- diced
2 medium sized sweet potatoes- diced
1 medium sized zucchini - diced
1 can of Black Beans- drained and rinsed
1 can of Enchilada sauce
Tortillas
Toppings: Whatever you like! Cheese, sour cream, guacamole, olives, etc.

Saute onions. Add zucchini and saute until tender. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and cook diced sweet potatoes until just soft (you don't want them to be mushy). It took me about 4 minutes. Drain potatoes from water and add to onions and zucchini. Add black beans. Add enchilada sauce.


 Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a pie plate begin to layer tortillas. I cut mine to fit my dish.


Layer 1/3 of the filling on to the tortillas.


Repeat as if making lasagna. 



Once you have the third layer down, put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. 


 After 20 minutes, pull the pie out and top with tortilla pieces. Return to oven and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the top layer is a little crispy. 


Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. This makes it easy to cut into pie shaped pieces. Because I don't cook much with cheese, when I removed the pie from the oven I sprinkled the top with nutritional yeast.


We love this pie so much, I actually spaced taking a picture of it before we ate it with all of the beautiful toppings on it. This was the one piece left over. Tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!