Thursday, November 21, 2013

Faux Frozen Yogurt? That's Banana's!


I have a confession. Some time over the past year, I have grown to love frozen yogurt. Being a health conscious person, this was a bit disturbing to me. I craved fro-yo so intensely I just had to have it. I dont have cravings like that. Since eating in moderation (a few times a week) became increasingly difficult I knew I needed a solution. Not to mention I don't feel good about consuming sugar and dairy like that. 

My solution is a treat I had made in the past. It is pureed, frozen, bananas. I am shocked each time I eat it because I don't like bananas. This doesn't taste like bananas, it tastes like fro-yo and I am actually getting some nutrition from it. BONUS!

Ingredients for one serving:
1 medium banana - sliced and frozen
2-4 Tablespoons of Almond Milk ( I use Silk Almond milk because it's my favorite)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoons of cocoa powder (more if you like the flavor of cocoa)


Place frozen bananas in a food processor. 


Add milk, vanilla and start to grind. (It will clunk like mad!) Add cocoa and blend until mixture is smooth.


Serve it up like frozen yogurt. I tossed a few carob chips in mine and look forward to experimenting with more flavors.

This is so good and incredibly satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!