Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baked Soy Curl Tacos

Craving Mexican food like I usually do, I decided to try a new way to have tacos.  This is what I came up with.

Ingredients
  • Soy curls
  • Taco or fajita seasoning
  • Salsa
  • Corn Tortillas

Re-hydrate soy curls in hot water and taco or fajita seasoning. I re-hydrated mine in hot water with a tablespoon of our favorite Penzeys Fajita seasoning. After re-hydrated drain the soy curls and pat dry. Put re-hydrated soy curls in a skillet and start to heat up.

Add salsa and cook until well combined. (I had some fresh tomatoes around so I used tomatoes and a little diced white onion and hot sauce.)

Heat corn tortillas in a wet paper towel in the microwave to make them pliable. Put a scoop of taco filling on tortilla. Fold tortilla in half.

Spray tortilla's with cooking spray and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, turning over once after 10 minutes.

Serve with your favorite taco toppings. I used salsa and a dollop of yogurt.


I also served this with roasted, diced potatoes.



Baked Soy Curl Tacos

Ingredients:
  • Soy curls
  • Taco or fajita seasoning
  • Salsa
  • Corn Tortillas
Directions: 
  • Re-hydrate soy curls in hot water and taco or fajita seasoning. I re-hydrated mine in hot water with a tablespoon of our favorite Penzeys Fajita seasoning. After re-hydrated drain the soy curls and pat dry. Put re-hydrated soy curls in a skillet and start to heat up.
  • Add salsa and cook until well combined. (I had some fresh tomatoes around so I used tomatoes and a little diced white onion and hot sauce.)
  • Heat corn tortillas in a wet paper towel in the microwave to make them pliable. Put a scoop of taco filling on tortilla. Fold tortilla in half.
  • Spray tortilla's with cooking spray and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, turning over once after 10 minutes.
  • Serve with your favorite taco toppings. I used salsa and a dollop of yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!