Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grilled Tofu II


When I am making dinner for just me, I usually turn to tofu. I figure it is a good source of protein, saves an animal and of course I love tofu.


First I sliced, then purged the water from the tofu by putting it between sheets of paper towels. Then I sprinkled with my favorite spice combination that I use on all protein. Turmeric, chili powder and ground mustard.


I heated my grill pan and then cooked for about 6 minutes.


I turned the tofu slices over, and cooked for another 6 minutes.


I ate mine with a bit of ketchup, it was wonderful and very satisfying and leaves plenty of left overs for snacking. 


Ingredients
1 block of tofu, pressed for 20 minutes between paper towels
Turmeric
Chili Powder
Ground Mustard

Directions
  1. First  slice, then purged the water from the tofu by putting between sheets of paper towels. Then sprinkle with your favorite spice combination. I use turmeric, chili powder and ground mustard.
  2. Heat grill pan and cooked for about 6 minutes on each side, turning once.
  3. Serve with whatever sauce you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!