Saturday, October 13, 2012

Baked Fries


I am a potato farmer's daughter, therefore I love potatoes. I also like to eat healthy and to make food as delicious as I can without adding a bunch of fat and calories. Here's how I make oven baked fries.

Take a russet potato and scrub it clean. 


Cut the ends off.


Slice into fry sized pieces. Try to keep them around the same size so they cook evenly.


Heat oven to 425 degrees and put fries on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.


Give the fries a light spray of oil and then season. I use paprika, garlic powder, thyme, pepper and a pinch of salt. Toss the fries to make them evenly coated with spices.


Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip fries over. Cook for 10-15 minutes longer until cooked though and crispy.
  

Ta-da! Gorgeous, delicious, healthy, baked fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!