Friday, July 6, 2012

My New Addiction

I have a new addiction in my life. My dear mother-in-law gave me a heavy-duty grill pan when we were in Spokane visiting her. I haven't stopped using it yet. It makes any food taste great. The first time I used it I grilled chicken and DH said he had never tasted anything so good. That of course helped motivate me to grill even more. Here are a few items I have grilled so far.


Grilled Potatoes, Tilapia and Salmon

 Grilled Potatoes
I sliced the potatoes and par-boiled them in water with vinegar. Once the were near tender I drained them and dried them, spiced them up and grilled them.

 Grilled Corn on the Cob
Seasoned with chili powder.

 Grilled Salmon and Tilapia
Seasoned with lemon pepper.



 Grilled Broccoli and Chicken

 I love grilled broccoli. After it was grilled I tossed it with a mixture of lemon juice, a touch of olive oil and a bit of anchovy paste for a nutty taste. Then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. It's my favorite way to enjoy it grilled.


I brushed the grilled chicken with bbq sauce and the corn was sprinkled with chili powder and a squeeze of lime juice.


Grilled Turkey Burger and Green Beans
The green beans were tossed with garlic, salt and pepper. They were very crunchy so next time I think I will par-boil them before grilling.


Grilled Peaches and Nectarines
Sprinkled with cinnamon and served with a scoop of vanilla, frozen yogurt.

Grilled Tofu

 To Die For! I marinated it in an Asian style salad dressing and then basted it with that dressing while grilling.

 I sprinkled it with sesame seeds for an added crunch.

 Grilled Tilapia
Using my favorite seasoning mixture at this time, I sprinkled the fish with chili powder, mustard powder and turmeric before grilling.

That is my grilling photo collection for now. I am certain there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!