Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Food Beautiful Food

I enjoyed photographing meals a few weeks ago so much that I did it again. 

Monday: Egg Rolls, Steamed Rice and Bean Sprout Stir-fry

I haven't had bean sprouts forever. They were on sale this week so I made mini egg rolls with diced turkey ham, celery and bean sprouts and baked them. The stir-fry was made with thinly sliced onions, bean sprouts, red peppers, mushrooms and broccoli. Yum!


Tuesday: Turkey Tenderloin, Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Rice

I was un-inspired to cook on Tuesday. I managed to dice and roast some sweet potatoes with salt, pepper and thyme. I baked a tenderloin of turkey that I seasoned with dijon, salt, pepper, thyme and a little panko. The rice was a frozen steamer bag and had spinach and peppers in the mix.



Tuesday: Sweet Treat

If I am looking for a sweet treat I usually have a square of dark chocolate. Since I had fresh strawberries around I decided to melt the chocolate square and pour over a strawberry. It was a match made in heaven.



Wednesday: Asian Style Salmon with Bok Choy

I usually cook bok choy with tofu but deiced to find a new recipe. I found a great one on the Cooking Light website. Salmon and Bok Choy cooked side by side and quickly under a broiler. DH and I both loved it.



Thursday: Egg Rolls, Steamed Rice and Bean Sprout Stir-fry

I was having a hard time thinking of what to cook for dinner. I had lots of veggies still, so I repeated the menu from earlier in the week.  Just as tasty!



Sunday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

DH did it, he talked me in to making homemade noodles for homemade chicken and noodle soup. He helped with all the chopping and I just had to make noodles and assemble the soup. It's a much easier task with some help.




Monday: Tofu Burgers, Spinach Quinoa and Broccoli

I made quinoa like a usually do, with sauteed onion then added fresh spinach at the end of cooking to wilt. I topped the tofu burgers I made with feta and steamed some fresh broccoli. Green Meals Rule. 



Tuesday: TVP "Meatballs", Roasted Potatoes and Mixed Veggies

I haven't cooked TVP for awhile and decided to make a meatless recipe with them. They came together wonderfully and were super tasty! The potatoes were cubed, herbed up and then roasted. I was limited on fresh veggies so I steamed some frozen, mixed veggies. Yummm... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!