Friday, August 9, 2013

Table Re-Born via Upcylcing!

DH has had this table for a long time. He bought it when he lived in Seattle and it has moved a few times with him. It finally met its demise a few weeks back. DH went to move the table the glass top flew out and crashed to the ground.


We planned on having a piece of glass cut for the top. I have become quiet fond of the table over the years and didn't want to get rid of it. 

DH was brainstorming the other day and figured out a cool way to fix the table. We went to the thrift store in search of a clock that would fit into the table as a topper. We didn't find one the right size, but did find a silver platter. We brought it home and it fits like a charm. It is pretty neat looking too! The best part is the platter is engraved and dedicated to the "Top Real Estate Office 1978". It is as old as me! I did the first round of polishing, and once I can move my arm again I will do more. Using elbow grease can make for some sore muscles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!