Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rosemary Lime Tequila Chicken

This is my new favorite way to have chicken. I have my concerns with chicken. 1st of all I never want it to be under cooked and 2nd of all it can be so bland pan fried. This recipe eliminates both of those problems. You brown it in the pan but braise it the rest of the way through which makes it tender and OH SO flavorful.


Rosemary Lime Tequila Chicken

2 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 lime juice or 
1/8 cup lime juice with 1/8 cup tequila
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
Salt and Pepper



 Pound the chicken breast flat, to about 1/4 inch. Salt and Pepper the chicken.


Pre-heat your pan on medium heat, spray with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken. 


Brown both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. 


Mean while, measure your broth and tequila (if using) and squeeze your lime juice.


Once the chicken is browned, add the liquid and rosemary. Simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed. 


You'll end up with a flavorful glaze on the chicken. Don't cook past this point.

Side Dish Time
In trying to keep the house cooler, I decided to create a dish with microwaved potatoes. Some time ago, I was wondering about potatoes. I didn't know if I peeled the spud, how it would bake. So I had made naked (skin peeled) baked potatoes in the oven. The potatoes make their own skin when you cook them. It is actually kind of neat. The reason behind all of this is that when my Dad brings me potatoes from the farm, they are really dirty. Sometimes I cant get all the dirt off of them without scrubbing off the skin. So figuring out a way to cook them with removing some of the skin really helps. This was part of my inspiration for this recipe.

Striped Potatoes
2 baking potatoes
Your favorite mashed potato ingredients (I used garlic powder, salt and pepper, a bit of soy milk and a bit of sour cream)


Wash and peel out strips in the potatoes.


Microwave potatoes until cooked. The potatoes I used where pretty big, so I cooked them for 6 minutes, turning over once. 

Let the potatoes cool so you can touch them then slice them length wise.


Scoop out the center of the potatoes into a bowl.


Make your mashed potatoes.


Return the filling to the hollowed potato "skin".  I used a sandwich bag that I cut the corner off of to pipe in the mashed potatoes. It's a fun way to fill them and they turn out pretty.


After they are filled you have a few options. You can top them with cheese and melt it.  I sprinkled paprika on them.


Ta-da! You have a tasty, pretty darn easy chicken and potato dinner. 



Meanwhile....Mojito?

So I got a little thirsty while cooking and decided to make a mojito for myself. They are such a refreshing summer drink!

Virgin Mojito



Mint leaves
Lime juice
Sugar or sugar substitute
Club Soda


Put mint leaves in a glass.


Sprinkle sugar over top.


  Squirt lime juice over top and muddle.


Add ice and club soda. Give it a good stir and enjoy! I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!