Monday, August 29, 2011

It's a Veggie Tale

Well it all started with a few meat free meals a week here at home. Now it seems we are a few meat included meal kind of house hold. I guess healthy eating is contagious. I haven't posted any recipes for a while, but I have been having a great time cooking lately. I have been using the grocery sales to determine what I will cook. 2 weeks ago there was eggplant and bok choy on sale. I found a great healthy eggplant parm to make and a bok choy with glazed tofu recipe.

eggplant

Glazed Tofu with Bok Choy

They were so delicious that I put both recipes on repeat and made them for dinner the next week too. I was also busy making "sun"dried tomatoes out of 5 pounds of sweet, red, summer tomatoes. To finish off the week I finally made chicken curry. DH and I have wanted to try curry for ages. I had some at an event downtown a few weeks ago and told myself it was time to make it at home. It was sooo good and will be a re-peat-able meal for our house.

This week I am heading towards more new recipes. For DH's lunch I made Fake Bacon BLT's. They are made with tofu that you crisp and smoke like bacon, lettuce, juicy tomatoes, olive oil mayo and toast, DELICIOUS! DH raved about how great his sandwich was. On the agenda for the rest of the week I have Mexican squash, a giant zucchini I picked up from the farmers market on Saturday and I am planning on making a large batch of chili to freeze. I love having homemade food just a defrost away. Then on the days I cant cook, we don't have to sacrifice health.

I didn't create my new favorite recipes, so I am giving props to the people who did. I did make a few adjustments on the recipes but not many. I only cut back on the oil and cheeses to make things a bit healthier. The curry recipe uses a fattier piece of chicken, I am not down with that so I used boneless, skinless, chicken breast instead.

Glazed Tofu with Bok Choy

Eggplant Parmesan

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!