Monday, May 30, 2011

Baked Tofu

Anyone who knows me well, knows I love baked tofu. I actually crave it! Tofu is like cheese, but instead of being made from animal milk it is made from soy milk. 

DH and I both really like tofu and it is a great source of protein. I try to keep some in the fridge ready for snaking. DH likes it after a work out as a protein boost and I like it as a protein replacement. 

Here's how I make baked tofu.

Ingredients:
1 brick of tofu
Soy Sauce
Garlic Powder

Open tofu package and slice into pieces as shown.

Put slices of tofu on a baking sheet covered with paper towels. Put another layer of towels over top. 

Add weight to the tofu and let the water press out for an hour or so.

Remove the weight and top layer of paper towels from the tofu and drizzle with soy sauce and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.

I slice the pieces in half again, then put on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Then bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, turn over tofu and bake for 15 more minutes. 

The result is tasty tofu treats. These are delicious plain, or dipped in marinara or hummus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!