Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Time Favorites

One of my favorite things about spring is fresh asparagus. My Grandparents used go and pick it from the ditch banks every spring. I picked some from the veggie market, but it was delicious just the same.  DH had brought home some Swiss cheese the other day for something he was making, so I was in inspired. I made ham and swiss wrapped asparagus for dinner. I simply wrapped a few spears of asparagus with a thin slice of swiss cheese in a piece of ham. (I used deli sliced ham) Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 425.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks good. We had some asparagus the other night too, we just grilled it up with some salt and pepper, so good. The ham and swiss is a great idea, we will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually roast it with garlic then drizzle a balsamic reduction over top. It is good in so many ways! It tastes like Spring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!