Friday, April 8, 2011

Pita Pizza's

 I guess it's the time of month where I look in the freezer and think I need to use up some of this frozen food.  We  love making pita chips for our romantic dinners but my stash was getting a bit big. I though I would try making pizza's out of pitas for the first time. 

You will need pita pockets,  flat bread or English muffins. 

Split the muffins and pockets in half. You can leave the flat bread in one piece.
 
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the bread on a baking pan and toast in the pre-heated oven for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven.

You will need some sort of sauce. I just mixed up a quick one using a can of tomato sauce, thyme, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder. Jarred marina sauce would work too. 

Put a thin layer of sauce on the toasted bread. If you put too much, it will be soggy, so keep it thin.

Use whatever toppings you like. I layered on spinach and chicken and...

 Goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.

Then topped with mozzarella cheese. Put in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, it took mine about 7 minutes.

Ta-Da! Mini pizzas for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!