Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stuffed Red Peppers

Every time I see red peppers on sale, I have to buy them up! 

Here is my version on stuffed red peppers.

Cut the peppers in half length-wise, remove seeds and ribs.

Steam peppers for ten minutes.

Place in a baking pan and season with salt and pepper.

I make a filling of tomatoes, brown rice, sauted onions and lots of smoky paprika. You can really add just about anything you like. I threw in some corn this time, sometimes I use browned turkey burger or cubed tofu.

Cook filling until tender and thickened.

Fill steamed peppers with your delicious filling.
Cook in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. 

At this point, you can shred some cheese on top. DH used 2 year old aged Parmesan cheese and a tiny bit of sharp cheddar too.

Put peppers under broiler and cook until golden brown on top.


Plate pepper and sprinkle with some Mexican oregano to garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!